Thursday, May 20, 2010

Griffon run-app error at Windows prompt

I've been using Griffon on Windows with IntelliJ, and on Ubuntu with Eclipse. In order to check the changes of Griffon 0.3.1, I tried to use it on Windows command line for the first time. "griffon create-app" ended successfully, but "griffon run-app" didn't.


D:\temp\java\griffonsample>griffon run-app
Welcome to Griffon 0.3.1 - http://griffon.codehaus.org/
Licensed under Apache Standard License 2.0
Griffon home is set to: D:\jar\griffon-0.3.1

Base Directory: D:\temp\java\griffonsample
Running script D:\jar\griffon-0.3.1\scripts\RunApp.groovy
Environment set to development
Warning, target causing name overwriting of name default
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: and
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: and
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
Could not find the main class: and. Program will exit.


I guess it's because of my home directory being in C:\Documents and Settings\. I found a similar bug related to using space in directories, GRIFFON-156. But it's not quite the same problem, because I don't think it's related to the java.library.path variable. I think I'll report the problem.

UPDATE : I have posted the problem. It is reported as GRIFFON-176.

No comments:

Post a Comment